What Are Essential Oils ?
Compounds derived from plants are usually called oils. In aromatherapy, a type of complementary medicine that uses plant extracts to enhance health and wellbeing, essential oils are commonly utilized.
Some of the health claims connected with these oils.
How Essential Oils obtained from plants?
Essential oils are obtained mechanically, such as cold pressing, or by distillation (using steam and/or water).
Why we should use Essential Oils ?
Just smelling an essential oil can improve your mood and make you feel happy. They might even assist some people in reducing the symptoms of several diseases. Consult a specialist in integrative medicine for further details on how to incorporate them into a healthy lifestyle.
List of essential oils and their uses
The following is a list of 10 widely used essential oils and the health benefits attributed to them:
- Lavender Essential Oil: used to alleviate anxiety and to relieve stress.
- Peppermint Essential Oil: used to promote respiration and relieve back pain.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil: used to reduce inflammation and enhance immunity.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil: used to reduce abdominal pain and enhance digetion.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil: used to regulate sebum production and reduce oily skin secretions.
- Orange Essential Oil: used to boost athletic performance and enhance blood circulation
- Rosemary Essential Oil: used to improve alertness and enhance concentration.
- Jasmine Essential Oil: used to enhance childbirth and increase lipido.
- Bergamot Essential Oil: used to reduce skin condition like Eczema and reduce cholesterol level
- Sandalwood Essential Oil: used to help with focus and calm nerves.
How to use Essential Oils?
Inhaling essential oils is the most popular method of utilizing them, whether it be straight from the bottle, through a diffuser, or through a humidifier. Additionally, you can apply essential oils straight to your skin after dilution with a carrier oil.
Also shower steamers has essential oils with specific ratio.
Prior to using essential oils on your skin, scalp, or hair, always dilute them properly.